Saturday, August 3, 2013

Purses! You can never have too many!!

It's been a while since my posting-binge where I posted a lot of entries. I've been so busy making things (and trying to make a living) that I haven't been able to post.

Today's entry is for a purse I made for the first time! The hardest part was the ruffles (as you'll see by the shape of the bag) and this would be the only reason I would maybe not make this one again. In the end, it wasn't terrible, but it was a gift so once again I don't get to reap the rewards of a cute project!

These ruffled spots took forever! Two for the exterior and two for the interior.
A nice magnetic closure to keep it closed!
I played a lot with contrasting thread for this one!
The whole purse!
The whole thing ended up being a mishmash of fabrics (which worked out in my favor) and it was definitely bigger than I thought it would be. This was the small version of the purse and so I wonder how big the big version is. Anyhoo, it came from the Bags book I mentioned in another post. Sorry, but I don't have the name at this moment, but I think it's on Amazon if you wanted to look it up (I know, I'm being terrible right now).

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE how it turned out! I haven't made a purse(yet) and you're inspiring me to! Thanks for your sweet words about my work! That made my morning!

    ReplyDelete