Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Let's talk about puppies!

First, you all should know that I refer to all dogs as puppies. I can't help it. Second, my goal in these blog entries is not to bore you with my ramblings, but to give you ideas for cool things to make, bake or create. So, I ask in advance for you to bear with the few times that I ramble a little because most of the time I'll get to the point. Like now.

This entry is about a great frozen treat for your puppies! I found it on another crafting blog (listed at the end of this) and it was really easy to make. It's as easy as blending peanut butter (or fruit), yogurt, and flax meal and then freezing it in an ice cube tray. The only issue I had was that when I bought the flax meal it came in a quantity that was much bigger than the other ingredients so I still have a ton of it. It should be noted that the pictures on her site do the recipe more justice than mine (but hey, this is my first blog and she looks like she might be a pro!).

Fresh from the freezer...yum!

My adorable Isabella was nice enough to try them out for me. She and Pippin both approved!

It should be noted that you never want to give your dogs treats that are too cold when they're too hot because their bodies have to work extra hard to make up for the temperature difference. DIY pupsicles from grrfeisty.

No comments:

Post a Comment