Friday, September 28, 2012

Now That School Has Started...

...let's talk about coffee! That makes sense, right? Oh wait, I should first mention that when school is in session I'm constantly in need of caffeine. My choices are energy drinks (which I understand aren't too good for you) and coffee...and with the adorable coffee cozy tutorial I'm linking to at the end of this, you'll choose it too!

Over the summer I went on the hunt for easy, quick, and FREE gift ideas I could make. Keeping in mind that I don't sell these for money, I found quite a treasure trove of ideas. One of my favorites is a coffee cozy that I made multiples of when I still had time. Mine receives compliments EVERY TIME that I use it and I'm not exaggerating. Last week, someone asked me where they could get one and I wished I had remembered the exact name instead of fumbling through telling them how I found it.

So, without further ado...

I mustache you if one of these is your cozy.
The only one I've made for myself...so far!
Whoooo...whose adorable cozy is this??

One of my favorite things about this coffee cozy is that you can match the hair tie color with funky buttons and fabric and the choices are endless!! So, I have two tutorials to help make this a gift you could do in a night (though allow yourself the afternoon for the first one just to get used to it).

Coffee cozy tutorial and Sew4Home Warp Speed Button Sewing. The second tutorial has taught me how to attach buttons like a pro! It took me a few tries of reading the directions and sewing on buttons at the same time, but now I only need to refer to it if it's been a while.

Seriously, make these cozies to not only impress people with your neat sewing skills (even if you don't have any...like me!) and save some trees by avoiding those paper wraps on your coffee and hot choco!

No comments:

Post a Comment