Monday, June 24, 2013

Let's talk about traveling...

...and bringing the things we can't live without!

Okay, this is only technically true. Today I'm posting about a hair straightener travel case I made, but technically I can live without my hair straightener. But, I do know that there are people who can't (and I'd definitely rather have mine on hand) and this little sewing project is great!

I found the tutorial on Sew4Home (yes, again!) and I made it in one afternoon, even while having a 13 year old help me with some parts. In fact, it was a gift for her friend so I didn't reap the rewards technically, but I always love making new things so that's a reward in itself.

The open travel case with straightener inside
My helper demonstrating how it ties closed

The whole thing from the front view

The back has a neat pocket for the cord to tuck into

As always, I'd love for people to be able to make this themselves, so here's the tutorial from Sew4Home: Tutorial! It also works for holding a curling iron instead. ;-) Enjoy and go sew stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment