Friday, June 21, 2013

What time is it??

Crafting with Adventure Time!!!

Over the last year I really got into Adventure Time (the animated show). Something about its oddness and weird humor just resonated with me. After watching some of the episodes I participated in an exchange, via the website Reddit, and I decided to make a lot of the items I was sending. Yes, I know I don't own the copyright but I wasn't selling anything and in this case I would consider it advertising for the show. Plus, I did purchase some actual items from Hot Topic.

For this exchange I ventured into felt sewing by hand to make a brooch. I ended up making another one for someone else. In addition, I made a bunch of earrings and some art work (not posted here).

Sets of earrings using images I recreated on the computer (except for the bottom, middle set)

Princess Bubblegum...in brooch form!

The backs of the brooches look like this.

Decided to whip up a Fiona brooch. I love the rosy cheek detailing!
Since the purpose of this blog is to help teach people, I would love to post a tutorial. However, these were just done by me without tutorial help. I hand stitched the brooches using some thread that was probably not meant for this (it's a bit thick). I only used hot glue if I had to in order to hold the pin. In fact, I think I made a brooch without any hot glue at all and that worked out well. The trick is knowing what accents you want where and where the thread will go to hold it all together. On more than one occasion I have started to make a brooch and realized that I missed a step.

If anyone is interested (or even reading this), I can post pictures of the materials if you would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment